We are local health professionals, organizations, and community members who work together as a team to provide coordinated care to our community.
The goal of Ontario Health Teams (OHTs) is to better connect healthcare (including hospitals, home care, and family physicians/primary care) and other care providers to make it easier for patients and families to receive more integrated care close to home.
The Peterborough OHT (POHT) was formally announced on December 9, 2019. POHT’s partner organizations share a common goal to break down barriers to provide better care for patients. By improving the transitions of care between agencies, patients will benefit from better patient and caregiver experience, better health outcomes, better value in efficiency and better provider experiences.
Looking for home and community care services?
To begin, specify your location, then select a search category.
Finding Your Way
View the handbook below for tips and tools to help you navigate healthcare in Peterborough and surrounding area
If you would like a printed copy of the handbook, please send us an email through the ‘General Inquires’ contact form below.
Do you have feedback on this handbook? Please share with us by completing this survey.
This handbook was created by Peterborough OHT’s Patient & Family Advisory Committee to help support any patient & their loved ones as they navigate our healthcare system.
Click on the links below to print extra copies of the worksheets from handbook:
This is just the beginning of transformative healthcare in our region.
Our organizations have been working together both formally and informally for years. As an OHT, we are committed to building on these partnerships to ensure all patients in our region are able to access and navigate the healthcare system in a seamless and coordinated way.
Together, this group of care providers and local organizations have the capacity, knowledge and leadership to improve health outcomes in Peterborough and the surrounding region.
COMMUNITY PARAMEDICINE PROGRAM
Peterborough County-City Paramedics have expanded their Community Paramedic Program (CPP) with a goal of improving the experience and health outcomes of people in the greater Peterborough region.
Community Paramedics will be offering in-home clinical assessments for patients referred to the program, along with interventions to ensure people are remaining safe and healthy at home.
To apply for the Community Paramedicine Program for yourself or a family member, please complete the self/family referral form by clicking on the button above.
As a healthcare provider, you can create an account in Caredove to send referrals from a logged in account. This will allow clinicians to keep track of referrals sent, and receive updates from the Community Paramedicine team.
Our focus is currently on two specific, target populations:
- Frail, complex, elderly patients with congestive heart failure (CHF) and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including those with comorbidities of diabetes and palliation.
- Patients requiring care for mental health & addictions.
Our key initiatives:
- Complete Seniors’ Supportive Housing Development
- Implement an Integrated Comprehensive Care Program (ICCP) program for frail, complex elderly patients and patients who have COPD, diabetes and CHF. A network of healthcare providers in the hospital and community would provide support patients in the program
- Develop and launch a Walk-In Mental Health and Addictions clinic
- Expand the Primary Care Virtual Care clinic for unattached patients
- Expand the Peterborough Community Paramedic program